OAC Reopening on Monday, February 8th
The Obetz Athletic Club will re-open on Monday, February 8th, 2021.
Hours of Operations:
Monday – Friday
5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
To comply with the mandatory guidelines put in place by the State of Ohio, we have implemented the following changes:
- Members must always wear a face mask to enter the building and when not engaged in exercising.
- Members should use hand sanitizer upon entry to the building.
- Members MUST check in (scan) at the desk upon entry.
- There are no day passes. Only membership holders will be permitted in the building, unless you wish to sign up for a membership. If so, please see the front desk staff upon arrival to sign up.
- We have removed or disabled the following: lobby furniture; vending machines; boxing bag; Wellbeats automated fitness classes; every other locker; and the showers.
- All equipment with porous surfaces or surfaces that cannot be easily sanitized have been put up until further notice (resistance bands, chains, weighted vests, etc.) If you wish to use these items, you will need to bring your own.
- Mats have been placed in the multi-purpose room 6 feet apart. Please leave the mats in their designated spots and wipe them down after each use.
- Locker rooms, hallways, the multipurpose room, and the main gym floor have limits on how many people may be in the space at once. Our staff may ask you to wait to enter certain areas of the gym if that area is at is maximum capacity.
- We recommend that you avoid the locker rooms as much as possible. Please come to the gym dressed for your workout and plan to shower at home. Only enter the locker room to use the restroom when needed.
- Drinking fountains are closed. You may use the touchless bottle filling station. We recommend bringing your own filled water bottle with you.
- The golf simulators may be used by appointment only. We have removed all shared/rental clubs. The golf balls will be available; however, you should be cautious when handling them. Please bring your own clubs. The maximum number of people allowed in the golf room is six—three per simulator.
- Please always maintain social distancing of six feet in the gym. Please be mindful of who is working out beside you and avoid using equipment directly next to another person.
- Members should sanitize equipment after each use. Our staff will also be sanitizing equipment and high touch points throughout the day.
For a more in-depth list of mandatory guidelines for gyms and to see why we made the decisions that we did, please visit:
Thank you and have a great workout!