Obetz Athletic Club Reopens 6/1
The Obetz Athletic Club is open as of Monday, June 1st.
We are very excited to welcome you back to the Obetz Athletic Club.
Revised Gym Hours:
Monday-Friday 6am-2pm and 5p-9pm. We will close from 2p-5p for deep cleaning.
Because of the new occupancy rules, we can only allow 58 visitors to the OAC at a time. You may have to wait in your car and only come into the facility when space is available.
Important Membership Information:
All memberships will be extended the amount of days the Obetz Athletic Club was closed OR the amount of days left on your pass as of March 16th. For example, if your membership ended March 16th it will now end June 2nd. This has already been done and will take effect on June 1st.
To comply with the mandatory guidelines put in place by the State of Ohio, the following changes have been implemented:
– Members should use hand sanitizer upon entry to the building.
– Members MUST scan in at the desk upon entry.
– There will be no day passes. Only membership holders will be permitted in the building. If you wish to sign up for a membership, see the front desk staff upon arrival to sign up.
– The following has been removed or closed: lobby furniture, vending machines, boxing bag, Wellbeats automated fitness classes, every other locker, showers.
– All equipment with porous surfaces or surfaces that cannot be easily sanitized have been put up until further notice (resistance bands, chains, weighted vests, etc.) If you wish to use these items, you will need to bring your own.
– All gym equipment has been placed 6 ft apart. Please do not move benches from their assigned locations.
– Mats have been placed in the multi-purpose room 6 feet apart.
– Locker rooms, hallways, the multipurpose room, and the main gym floor will have limited occupancy. You may be asked to wait to enter certain areas of the gym if there are too many people.
– We recommend that you avoid the locker rooms as much as possible. Please be prepared to change and shower at home. Only enter the locker room to use the restroom.
– Drinking fountains are closed. The touchless bottle filling station can still be used. We recommend bringing your own, filled, water bottle with you.
– The golf simulators can only be used by those 50 years and older and by appointment only. All shared equipment has been removed, except for the golf balls. Please bring your own clubs. Only one person is permitted per simulator at a time. No groups will be permitted in the simulator room at any time. All seating has been removed. A staff member will sanitize the high touch surfaces before and after your appointment.
– Members must maintain social distancing at all times.
– Face masks are recommended during your workout, but not required.
– Members should sanitize equipment before and after each use. Our staff will also be sanitizing equipment and high touch points throughout the day.
For a more in-depth list of mandatory guidelines for gyms and to see why we made the decisions that we did, click HERE.
We know this is a lot. We ask that you abide by all the mandatory guidelines during your visit to keep us open and safe.
Thank you and have a great workout!