Senior Celebration Street Cruise and Great Garage Door Contest
Watch the event live by clicking HERE at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 9th.
A free, live-stream, live-voting, rolling car show to honor our Senior Graduates and our Senior Citizens, by cruising through the streets of Obetz to break up the monotony of quarantine life and to just plain have a little fun! (Whew, that’s a lot). Residents may participate in a garage door decorating contest. Finally, we can prove that Americans are smart enough to protect our people and still have reasonable fun even in the worst of times.
No event is more important than human lives. This show is designed to have no interactions between participants or residents. In summary, participants will drive to town and then drive through a pre-designated route. Participants will always remain in their vehicles. Residents will watch the show from their front yards while continuing social distancing. Obetz will monitor the safety of all involved and anyone behaving in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave by the Obetz police. The key to the success of this event is our ability to care for and watch out for one another.
WHEN (STREET CRUISE):
May 9th at Noon we will begin driving the routes. (11:30 lineup). Rain date will be May 16th at Noon (11:30 lineup). Estimated drive time is roughly one hour.
Obetz, Ohio (pre-assigned locations)
All interested owners of vehicles like: Classic Cars, Modern Sports Cars, Modified Vehicles, Trucks, Motorcycles, Tractors, Utility Vehicles, Spaceships, and any other vehicle you think would be fun for the event.
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
Heck yes; but, we don’t have them all figured out yet. Stay tuned for developments.
1. Register your vehicle at www.obetz.oh.us (registration opens Friday, May 1st and is limited to the first 400 vehicles.)
2. After registration, you will be assigned a rendezvous point in town and a five-mile(ish) route to drive for the show. There are several locations and routes designed to enable appropriate distancing for our participants.
3. On May 9th (or the rain date), drive to your assigned starting point. Please arrive by 11:30. We will provide you with a cell number for your Route Captain in case you have questions or issues.
4. At Noon, your team will launch for the route and complete the five-mile cruise.
5. Once you complete the show route, please return to your home. Obetz will send you participation prizes and any awards you earn by mail.
6. Bask in the glow of a happy day. Merica!
Great Garage Door Contest
Click HERE for the contest rules and information.
Call Mikaela Lavy at 614.506.2375 or Kerri Duffy 614.558.8056.